Thursday, May 23, 2019

Character Interview

One site, "The Protagonist Speaks" has the fantastic idea of interviewing the character instead of the author. Yes, my characters do have more to say...




This interview is with Bridget Etheridge, and brings together her back story and personality. It forms a very nice bonus to the books, and highlights Bridget's role as series narrator. Click the link to see Bridget answer questions about where she grew up, who she hangs out with now, and who she loves or hates! 

The answers fill out into the early part of Bridget's childhood and arrival in Mystic Evermore, so there are things about this army brat that might surprise you. Bridget's attitudes to life and love change quite a bit throughout the series as she journeys from painful infatuation through to going steady with a compatible peer.

AUTHOR: Bridget, how would you describe yourself when you first arrived in Mystic Evermore?

BRIDGET: I was innocent, a little rebellious and eager to grab hold of love with both hands. I didn't set out to be a doormat or anything, but I will admit I had not experienced mutuality, or even had any long term friendships.

AUTHOR:  What has happened since you settled in Mystic Evermore?

BRIDGET: Oh heaps! If I dwell on one thing, I will get emotional and cry. That was a very dark period for me... But I had friends for the first time ever and they got me through.

AUTHOR: How have things changed in recent times?

BRIDGET: Well, I've got a boyfriend who is very supportive. Clever and sexy too. He wasn't the one I expected to choose at first, but a girl has to develop a few relationship smarts.

AUTHOR: Relationship smarts?

BRIDGET: Love shouldn't hurt. At least not the majority of the time. Of course a couple will have good and bad times, but on balance, it is important to choose someone who will treat you like an equal. Share the fun times and be there for the future.

AUTHOR: Amazing. How do you manage all that and survive fighting monsters as well?

BRIDGET: Well being an army brat taught me to be resourceful. That will never leave me. 

AUTHOR: What do you think your future will hold?

BRIDGET: After graduation do you mean? I dunno. A gap year perhaps. More study if I get into a good university not too far away.

To read more click: